We ride on the road.
Tuesday Penn Cycle Group Ride is a group ride with very simple rules to keep all riders safe over the course of the ride.
- Official start date is May 2, 2017. I may start in April if weather and my schedule cooperate. Have people email me for updated information.
- Roll out at 5:30 p.m. sharp from Penn Cycle in Woodbury
- 6415 Lake Road Terrace, Woodbury MN 55125
- 651 731-9458
- Average ride pace is about 17 to 20 mph — be ready to paceline
- Rides range from 30-35 miles, Strava route https://www.strava.com/activities/564635914
- You’re going to be late? Be ready to ride at 5:30 p.m. sharp,
- Official end date is August 29, 2017. I may extend the season if weather and my schedule cooperate. I usually email riders with ride updates.
Rules Of The Road
- We ride no more than two-abreast unless a wider shoulder allows more space. Some roads demand single-file riding. Use your head.
- DO NOT cross the yellow line during a sprint point. We’d prefer if you try to stay as close to the shoulder as possible during sprint points. We all get excited, just don’t be causing crashes or dangerous conditions.
- STOP at ALL stop signs and stop lights. We know some stop signs only demand a slow down/yield, but that means we do so under 10 mph. For real, under 10 mph. Even if there’s a sprint point up the road.
- Signal all turns with your arm and verbally.
- Always point out road debris for the riders behind you.
- All riders must have front and rear lights when darkness is an issue.
- Two-flat rule. You get the third flat, you’re on your own, mostly. Bring a repair kit, at least one spare tube and a phone.
- Don’t put yourself or others in dangerous situations. It’s just a group ride.
Ride leader and contact info Brant Puttkammer email@example.com (I usually respond within an hour)