We ride road and gravel. From snow melt until cyclocross season, we will ride the road. Then, it’s onto the gravel roads until it’s either too damn cold to crush gravel at night or heavy snow sticks to the gravel. You may also see occasional weekend road and gravel ride announcements here.
Wednesday Night Worlds is a group ride with very simple rules to keep all riders safe over the course of the ride, including during all sprint points.
- Roll out at 5:30 p.m. sharp from Penn Cycle in Eagan
- 2290 Cliff Rd Eagan, MN 55122
- Average ride pace is about 22 mph — be ready to paceline
- Rides range from 40 miles (early season) up to 70 miles when daylight allows
- You’re going to be late?
- Be ready to ride at 5:30 p.m. sharp, bring a route map and cue card (posted on the homepage each week), and you can try to chase on or join the ride at another point along the route.
- Beers and eats to follow each ride in Penn’s parking lot.
- Parking: Never park in front of the shop. Always park on the Cliff Road side of Penn’s lot or in the Royal Cliff Conference Center lot.
Rules Of The Road
- We ride no more than two-abreast unless a wider shoulder allows more space. Some roads demand single-file riding. Use your head.
- DO NOT cross the yellow line during a sprint point. We’d prefer if you try to stay as close to the shoulder as possible during sprint points. We all get excited, just don’t be causing crashes or dangerous conditions.
- STOP at ALL stop signs and stop lights. We know some stop signs only demand a slow down/yield, but that means we do so under 10 mph. For real, under 10 mph. Even if there’s a sprint point up the road.
- Signal all turns with your arm and verbally.
- Always point out road debris for the riders behind you.
- All riders must have front and rear lights when darkness is an issue.
- Two-flat rule. You get the third flat, you’re on your own, mostly. Bring a repair kit, at least one spare tube and a phone.
- Don’t put yourself or others in dangerous situations. It’s just a group ride.